(NC)—Adding new flavour to traditional foods can be fun and be a great way to get family members to try new foods. Indian flavoured products are becoming widely available and provide a great opportunity to create mouthwatering recipes for the whole family. This shrimp korma recipe is a quick and easy one for the entire family to try. Try serving this with rice, Italian orzo or Middle Eastern cous cous.
Shrimp Korma with Watercress
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Marinating Time: 30
- 680 grams jumbo or large raw shrimp, thawed, peeled, deveined and rinsed
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH Korma Sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola/vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch fresh watercress, stems trimmed, rinsed and patted dry (or if you can't find watercress use fresh spinach instead)
- Place the shrimps in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup VH Korma Sauce to the shrimp and combine. Let the shrimp marinate in the sauce for 1/2 hour.
- Remove shrimps and discard marinating sauce. Heat oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat; add the shrimps and sear, shaking and tossing, for 2 minutes, or until they begin to turn pink and curl up.
- Add the rest of the VH Korma Sauce and tomatoes and turn down heat to medium. Cook until sauce is heated through and shrimps are completely cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the watercress and stir until slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with lemon juice and turn off the heat. Serve immediately.
For extra crunch try topping the shrimps with toasted unsalted cashews.
For more Indian inspired recipes visit www.vhsauces.com.