(NC)—For many women, the idea of a little indulgence for themselves, especially during tough economic times, has become a lost pleasure. Mothers are especially frugal when it comes to taking time out for themselves according to a recent Angus Reid poll conducted by the Quaker brand.
Here's a simple list of things every mom can do, to create a little indulgence in their life:
1. Take a few minutes to read a book, the newspaper or a favourite magazine each day.
2. Don't fight the urge to snack. Just enjoy a light, portion-control snack that limits calories but provides a needed treat.
3. Phone a friend and enjoy an adult conversation that doesn't centre on your kids or chores.
4. Put your feet up and watch a favourite TV program or movie.
5. Buy something small that brightens up your day, like a new shade of lipstick or nail polish.
6. Enjoy peace and quiet. Turn off your cell phone and put the house phone on mute.
7. Put on a favourite CD and slip into a warm candle-lit bubble bath.
8. Plan a girls' night out with your friends.
9. Organize a spa visit, even if it's just a polish change to freshen up your toes for summer shoes.
10. Plan a romantic vacation or a weekend getaway, where you can have some adult fun while the kids stay with your in-laws.
- News Canada