(NC)—A terrific healthy entertaining recipe any time of year, this recipe is also a terrific turkey alternative for Easter or festive get-togethers. Quick to prepare and easy to make! It presents beautifully too! Slice each portion on an angle so that the melted Brie can ooze deliciously out of the chicken. Your kids will love it!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
- 6 butterflied chicken breasts, fillets emoved*
- 5 oz (150 g) chilled Brie cheese
- 18 large, fresh sage leaves, divided
- 6 slices prosciutto or ham
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each pepper and salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Heinz Tomato Ketchup
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each maple syrup and Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Cut the cheese into 6 equal portions. Top each piece of cheese with two sage leaves and wrap with a slice of ham. Place each cheese bundle on one side of a butterflied chicken breast. Fold the chicken over to enclose the filling and secure closed with toothpicks. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Chop the remaining sage. Stir the ketchup with the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, garlic and chopped sage until combined. Divide glaze in half. Brush one portion over the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the grill and reduce the temperature to medium. Grill the chicken for 6 minutes; turn and baste with the remaining sauce. Grill for an additional 10 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of meat registers 165° F (74° C). Remove from grill, tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice meat thickly and fan to serve.
- *For an easy way to butterfly the chicken breast, slice into the side of a boneless, skinless chicken breast – almost but not all the way through the meat – and open up the chicken like a book.
Per Serving: (1 breast)
11 g fat,
48 g protein,
10 g carbs,
0 g fibre,
1039 mg sodium
Excellent source of niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.