- 1 cup Grape Juice (250 mL)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar (10 mL)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper (1 mL)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (50 mL)
- 1 large head Belgian endive
- 6 cups baby spinach (1.5 L)
- 1 cup diced roasted red pepper (250 mL)
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds (50 mL)
Bring grape juice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced and syrupy. Remove from heat and whisk in vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle in oil, whisking.
Arrange endive leaves around the outside of a serving platter. In large bowl, combine spinach, red pepper and almonds. Drizzle two-thirds of the warm dressing over greens and toss to combine. Scoop greens into the centre of platter. Drizzle remaining dressing over endive.
Makes 6 servings.
Energy 152.0 Kcal
Carb 11.2 g
Protein 3.1 g
Fat 11.6 g
Dietary Fibre 2.2 g