(NC)—High in fibre. High in flavour. Quick to make. Such a tasty twist to rice. Feel great serving this low-fat, meatless side dish to your loved ones. It is an excellent source of vitamin C and folacin and is very high in dietary fibre.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 cup uncooked Minute Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice 250 mL
- 1 can (14 fl oz/398 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed 1 can
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips 1
- 1/2 cup Peppercorn Ranch Dressing 125 mL
- 2 green onions, sliced 2
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro 50 mL
- 1 tsp. ground cumin 5 mL
- Cook Minute Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice as directed on package; place in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly. Cover.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavours to blend.