Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 1 pie
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Benson's OR Challenge Canada Corn Starch
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter OR margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Crown OR Beehive Golden Corn Syrup (Crown Lily White Corn Syrup may also be used)
- 1/4 (50 mL) cup milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) Spice Islands Pure vanilla extract
- 3 large cooking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (23cm/9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped walnuts, optional
Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
Combine sugar and corn starch in medium bowl. Whisk in eggs. Stir in butter, corn syrup, milk and vanilla. Fold in half of apples. Pour into pie crust.
Place remaining apples in overlapping circle on top of pie. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake for 50 minutes or until center of pie is set. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate.