(Quantities given are sufficient for average-size turkeys)
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tsp Organic, cold pressed olive oil
- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 2 sticks organic celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 500 g of minced turkey meat
- 2 cups stale whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped parley
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
Place apricots in saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer covered 5 minutes or until just tender, drain. Place in a large bowl. Heat oil in pan, add onion, celery and apple, cook 2 minutes stirring, until mincemeat changes color, drain, add to apricot mixture the remaining ingredients, mix well.
For more information on this and other healthy recipes visit: www.applepublishing.ca.