Prep Time: 20 min.
Bake Time: 30 min.
- Mazola Simplicity Canola or Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's Quick-Rise Yeast
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar or substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt
- 6 tablespoons(90 mL) butter OR margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) very warm milk (120º or 130º F)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) almond extract (optional)
- 1 can (570mL) peach pie filling
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter OR margarine, softened
MIX batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 8 X 8-inch (20 cm), baking dish.
TOP batter with peach pie filling. Mix streusel topping in small bowl with a fork until uniform consistency; sprinkle over peach filling. BAKE by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350º F (180 Cº). Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
RECIPE NOTE: If desired, batter may be mixed in a separate bowl. Proceed as directed above.